I am pleased to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. I give lots of gratitude to judiththereader (https://readandreview2016.wordpress.com) for nominating me. This award is bestowed upon noteworthy and emerging blogs with at most 200 followers. The nomination process is:
- Display the icon of the award.
- Answer all 11 given questions.
- Nominate 5 notable blogs which have at most 200 followers.
- Create 11 fresh questions for the bloggers to answer.
My Answers to judiththereader’s Questions:
1. When did you start blogging?
My first book review of The Three Musketeers was actually published almost exactly one year ago on August 15, 2015!
2. Why did you start blogging?
To be honest, I was never keen on the idea of starting a blog, yet I possessed an inexplicable desire to share my thoughts on books with the world. So, primarily driven by my mother’s support and this desire, Just a Young Reader was born.
3. What is the best book you have ever reviewed?
4. What is your favourite genre?
5. What is a genre you have stayed from?
Without a millimeter of doubt, I can affirmatively state that, with the exception of Jane Austen, Romance Fiction is a genre I try and avoid at all costs (no offense to fans of Romance Fiction).
6. What was the best book-to-film adaptation you’ve ever watched?
The best book-to-film adaptation (and one of my all-time favorite movies) would be The Return of the King, adapted from J.R.R. Tolkien’s final installment in his The Lord of the Rings trilogy (also called The Return of the King).
7. How do you organise your bookshelves?
I usually keep my books stacked upright and erect, and generally try to prevent disorganized books scattering about the shelves. I do not, however, organize my books in alphabetical order (as I am too lazy), but in lieu organize my books as per the date of acquirement.
8. Do you do anything whilst reading: do you listen to music, eat, drink?
I do no such things. The only two things I do whilst reading (besides reading itself) are sitting down someplace and having a calm state of mind.
9. If you could meet any author, who would it be?
Oh, boy…this question is analogous to inquiring whether I find pizza or pasta tastier (both foods that I find of equal taste). Assuming that this question allows for more than one answer, I would most definitely meet Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela (author of his autobiography Long Walk to Freedom). If, alas, this question is permitted to exclusively one answer, then I’d choose Gandhi.
10. What is the weirdest book you have ever read?
This title indubitably goes to Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky for its savage humor, psychological insights, and devastating attacks on Utopianism.
11. How do you keep track of your TBR?
I use a wonderful program called Goodreads to keep track of by TBR (to-be-read) books. Goodreads also allows you to track your previously read and currently-reading books. Their database is very comprehensive and allows you to connect with other readers to discover new books. You could basically think of Goodreads as a social media site for readers. I highly recommend this program to any reader, and encourage readers who are already using to Goodreads to continue to use it. Visit Goodreads’s homepage at http://www.goodreads.com.
My Five Nominees
- megmathew (https://exceedinghappiness.wordpress.com)
- Beloo Mehra (https://beautyishisfootprint.wordpress.com)
- Tales From the Trunk (https://trunktalessite.wordpress.com)
- Paul Writes (https://pauldaronson.wordpress.com)
- raniiyer (https://raniiyer.wordpress.com)
My Eleven Questions
1. What inspired the name of your blog?
2. What inspired you to blog what you blog?
3. What do you consider as your most favorite blog post?
4. How you feel about your nomination for the Liebster Award?
5. What is your preferred topic to blog about?
6. What is your favorite food, and what thoughts does it instigate as you are reading this question?
7. If you were to choose anything (including people) to blog about at this moment, what would it be?
8. How do you feel about your blog, e.g. do you feel proud of it, do you feel that it could gain more followers, etc.?
9. Who or what would you consider as the chief driving force behind the creation of your blog?
10. How do you manage your blog, i.e. how do you keep it clean and organized?
11. What is your most favorite part about blogging?